SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
VOLUME 7 , ISSUE 5 (December 2014) > List of articles
Special issue ICST 2014
Citation Information : International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems. Volume 7, Issue 5, Pages 1-10, DOI: https://doi.org/10.21307/ijssis-2019-118
License : (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
Published Online: 15-February-2020
A smart home has been designed and developed to monitor elderly people who lives alone and needs assistance to perform their daily living activities. The system monitors different activities of the elderly and determine the wellness of the person. It is a challenge to recognize different activities of the elderly over 24 hours for the seven days a week. The coverage issues in terms of monitoring the elderly are discussed in the paper.
1. Muhammad Raisul Alam, Mamun Bin Ibne Reaz and Mohd Alauddin Mohd Ali, “A Review of Smart Homes—Past, Present, and Future”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics- Part C: Applications and Reviews, Vol. 42, No. 6, pp. 1190-1203, Novermber 2012.
2. A. Gaddam, S. C. Mukhopadhyay, G. Sen Gupta, “Wireless Sensors networks Based Monitoring: Review, Challenges and Implementation Issues”, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Sensing Technology, November 30 to December 3, 2008, by S.C.Mukhopadhyay, G. Sen Gupta and Ray Y.M.Huang, ISBN 978-1-4244-21770, IEEE Catalog Number CFP0818E-CDR, Library of Congress 200891166, pp. 533538.
3. S. C. Mukhopadhyay, Anuroop Gaddam and G. Sen Gupta, “Wireless Sensors for Home Monitoring - A Review, Recent Patents on Electrical Engineering”, Vol. 1, 2008, pp. 3239.
4. G. Sen Gupta, S.C. Mukhopadhyay, Michael Sutherland and Serge Demidenko, Wireless Sensor Network for Selective Activity Monitoring in a home for the Elderly, Proceedings of 2007 IEEE IMTC conference, Warsaw, Poland, 1-3 May 2007, pp 1-6.
5. Anuroop Gaddam, Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay, and Gourab Sen Gupta, “Elder Care Based on Cognitive Sensor Network”, IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 11, No. 3, March 2011, pp. 574-581.
6. A. Gaddam, S. C. Mukhopadhyay and G. Sen Gupta, “DEVELOPMENT OF A BED SENSOR FOR AN INTEGRATEDDIGITAL HOME MONITORING SYSTEM”, IEEE International Workshop on Medical Measurements and Applications, Canada, May 200 A. Gaddam, S.C.Mukhopadhyay and G. Sen Gupta (2008), “Development Of A Bed Sensor For An Integrated Digital Home Monitoring System” Proceedings of IEEE International Workshop on Medical Measurements and Applications, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, May 9-10, 2008, pp. 3338.
7. K. Kaur, S. C. Mukhopadhyay, J. Schnepper, M. Haefke and H. Ewald, “A Zigbee Based Wearable Physiological Parameters Monitoring System”, IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 12, No. 3, March 2012, pp.423-430.
8. Sean Dieter Tebje Kelly, Nagender Kumar Suryadevara, and Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay, “Towards the Implementation of IoT for Environmental Condition Monitoring in Homes”, IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 3846-3853, October 2013.
9. N. K. Suryadevara, S. C. Mukhopadhyay, R.Wang, R.K. Rayudu and Y. M. Huang, Reliable Measurement of Wireless Sensor Network Data for Forecasting Wellness of Elderly at Smart Home, Proceedings of IEEE I2MTC 2013 conference, IEEE Catalog number CFP13IMT-CDR, ISBN 978-1-46734622-1, May 6-9, 2013, Minneapolis, USA, pp. 16-21.
10. Markus Hager, Sebastian Schellenberg, Jochen Seitz, Sebastian Mann, and GunarSchorcht “Secure and QoS-aware Communications for Smart Home Services”, IEEE, pp. 11-17, July 2012.
11. Prafulla N. Dawadi, Diane J. Cook, Fellow, and Maureen Schmitter-Edgecombe “Automated Cognitive Health Assessment Using Smart Home Monitoring of Complex Tasks”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems, Vol. 43, No. 6, November 2013.
12. Stephen Makonin, Lyn Bartram and Fred Popowich “A Smarter Smart Home: Case Studies of Ambient Intelligence”, IEEE Pervasive Computing, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 5866, January-March 2013.
13. Federico Viani, Fabrizio Robol, Alessandro Polo, Paolo Rocca, Giacomo Oliveri and Andrea Massa, “Wireless Architectures for Heterogeneous Sensing in Smart Home Applications: Concepts and Real Implementation”, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 101, No. 11, pp. 2381-2396, November 2013.