SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 13, Issue 4, Pages 23-36, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2018.13.4.3
License : (BY-NC-ND 4.0)
Received Date : 06-March-2017 / Accepted: 29-November-2018 / Published Online: 14-February-2019
The present work reviews the border checkpoints in Bulgaria and their work
for one year. On the basis of collected information, the seasonal inconsistency of work at
the border checkpoints is assessed and their work is modeled as a mass service system
(queuing system or theory) to assess capacities to a specific point in the existing
infrastructure and organization of work. Capacity of border crossing point is defined as the
time for stay of heavy goods vehicles at different incoming flows as well as the limit value
of the number of cars that can be handled. For the calculation of the parameter values, an
application in a MatLab environment was created. A fractional rational function of the
fourth degree is chosen as a numerator and denominator.
1. Ангелова, Р.Х. & Стоянов, П.Й. & Бунчев, Н.К. & Грозев, Д.И. Анализ на интензивността на движение на МПС през граничните градове Русе и Видин. In: Сборник доклади Пловдив есен 2017. [In Bulgarian: Angelova, R.H. & Stoyanov, P.Y & Bunchyev, N. & Grozev, D.I. Analysis of the traffic intensity in the border towns of Ruse and Vidin. In: Collection of reports Plovdiv, autumn 2017].
2. National Statistical Institute 2018 – Road Freight Transport – annual data. Available at: https://infostat.nsi.bg/infostat/pages/reports/result.jsf?x_2=752.
3. Li, B. & Li, W.F. Modeling and Simulation of Container Terminal Logistics Systems Using Harvard Architecture and Agent-Based Computing. Proceedings of the 2010 Winter Simulation Conference.
4. Hsu, C.I. & Shih, H.H. & Wang, W.C. Applying RFID to reduce delay in import cargo customs clearance process. Computers & Industrial Engineering. 2009. Vol. 57. No. 2. P. 506-519.
5. TEN-T Corridors: Forerunnrrs of a forward-looking European, Issues papers of European coordinators. TNT-T Days 2016, Rotterdam. Available at: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/cmsdata/116220/tent-issues-papers.pdf
6. Exploring the possibilities for reducing the use of the TEN-T network in the cross-border region Romania-Bulgaria by optimizing the freight and passenger transport and development of a joint mechanism for intermodal connections support. Available at: http://www.interregrobg.eu/.
7. Norov, L. & Akbarov, D. Customs – time for a change. Problems of Economic Transition. 2009. Vol. 52. No. 2. P. 47-60.
8. Fitzmaurice, M. Optimization plan for freight movements at key commercial border crossings. Report compiled by Transport Logistics Consultants. August, 2009.
9. Проект на Стратегия за интегрирано гранично управление на Република България, 2014 - 2017 година [In Bulgarian: Strategy for Integrated Border Management of the Republic of Bulgaria 2014-2017.] Available at: http://www.strategy.bg/PublicConsultations/View.aspx?lang=bgBG&Id=1281.
10. Стратегия за развитие на транспортната система на Република България до 2020 г. Март 2010 София. 2010 [In Bulgarian: Strategy for development of the transport system of the Republic of Bulgaria by 2020. March 2010 Sofia. 2010].
11. Sztrik, J. Basic Queueing Theory. Saarbrucken: GlobeEdit. OmniScriptum GmbH. KG. 2016.
12. Taha, H. Operations Research, An Introduction. New York: J. Wiley and Sons. 1993. P. 629-696.
13. Todorov, V. & Georgiev, I. Optimization methods with MATLAB. Avangard print-first edition. 2016. P. 121-128.
14. Hiller, F. & Lieberman, G. Introduction to Operations Research. Holden – Day, inc., Fourth Edition. Oakland, California. 1986. P. 834-905.
15. Zukerman, M. Introduction to Queueing Theory and Stochastic Teletraffic Models. EE Department. City University of Hong Kong. 2016.
16. Buková, B. & Brumerčı́ková, B. & Kolářová, P. A Study of a logistics transport chain in the transport of selected commodity from Eastern Europe to China. Naše more. 2015. Vol. 62. No. 4. P. 256-263.