SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 14, Issue 3, Pages 5-16, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2019.14.3.1
License : (CC BY 4.0)
Received Date : 31-May-2019 / Accepted: 20-August-2019 / Published Online: 04-November-2019
The article presents theoretical research of a transmission system that allows examination of the dynamic processes evaluating different sizes of defects in gear tooth (0%, 20%, 50%, 80% of teeth width) and gaps between the connection of the gear teeth. The dynamics of the transmission is described using the finite element method and discreet elements. This paper presents and analyzes the results of mathematical experiments on this system.
1. Mohammed, O.D. & Rantatalo, M. & Aidanpἂἂ, J.-O. Dynamic modelling of a one-stage spur gear system and vibration-based tooth crack detection analysis. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. 2015. Vol. 54-55. P. 293-305.
2. Jia, S. & Howard, I. Comparison of localised spalling and crack damage from dynamic modelling of spur gear vibration. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. 2006. Vol. 20. P. 332-349.
3. Patrick, R. & Ferri, A. & Vachtsevanos, G. Effect of planetary gear carrier-plate cracks on vibration spectrum. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics. 2012. Vol. 134. 061001-061001-12.
4. Liang, X. & Zuo, M. J. & Hoseini, M.R. Vibration signal modeling of a planetary gear set for tooth crack detection. Engineering Failure Analysis. 2015. Vol. 48. P. 185-200.
5. Ma, H. & Zeng, J. & Feng, R. & et al. Review on dynamics of cracked gear systems. Engineering Failure Analysis. 2015. Vol. 55. P. 224-245.
6. Tain, Z. & Zuo, M.J. & Wu, S. Crack propagation assessment for spur gears using model-based analysis and simulation. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. 2012. Vol. 23. P. 239-253.
7. Parker, R.G. & Agashe, V. & Vijayakar, S.M. Dynamic response of a planetary gear system using a finite element/contact mechanics model. Journal of Mechanical Design. 1991. Vol. 122. P. 304-310.
8. Prueter, P.E. & Parker, R.G. & Cunliffe, F. A study of gear root strains in a multi-stage planetary wind turbine gear train using a three dimensional finite element/contact mechanics model and experiments. In: Proceedings of the Design Engineering Technical Conference. 2011. P. 621-633.
9. Lin, T. & Ou, H. & Li, R. A finite element method for 3D static and dynamic contact/impact analysis of gear drives. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 2007. Vol. 197. P. 17161728.
10. Xue, S. & Entwistle, R. & Mazhar, I. & Howard Ian. The torsional stiffness of involute spur planetary gears. In: Proceedings of the 9th IFToMM International conference on Rotor Dynamics. 2015. Vol 21. P. 1369-1378.
11. Walha, L. & Fakhfakh, T. & Haddar, M. Nonlinear dynamics of a two-stage gear system with mesh stiffness fluctuation, bearing flexibility and backlash. Mechanism and Machine theory. 2009. Vol. 44. P. 1058-1069.
12. Wang, J. & Lim, T.C. Effect of tooth mesh stiffness asymmetric nonlinearity for drive and coast sides on hypoid gear dynamics. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2009. Vol. 319. P. 885-903.
13. Saxena, A. & Parey, A. & Chouksey, M. Time varying mesh stiffness calculation of spur gear pair considering sliding friction and spalling defects. Engineering Failure Analysis. 2016. Vol. 70. P. 200-211.
14. Aladjev, V. & Bogdevicius, M. Maple: programming, physical and engineering problems. Palo Alto: Fultus Publishing. 2006.