SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 14, Issue 3, Pages 63-74, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2019.14.3.6
License : (CC BY 4.0)
Received Date : 17-March-2018 / Accepted: 20-August-2019 / Published Online: 04-November-2019
The article deals with research on the relationship between the performance of road and rail freight transport and transport infrastructure in EU countries. The authors of the article examined the relationship between transport performance and transport infrastructure by correlation and regression analyses. Verification of the statistical significance of the regression model was also performed. The main objective of the contribution is to find out what are the relationships and influences between transport infrastructure and development of transport performance. Research has shown that the strength of the relationship between transport infrastructure and transport performance is different for states. There are strong dependencies as well as strong independent relationships between the transport infrastructure and transport performance.
1. Šikula, M. & Horvátová, E. and all. Dlhodobá vízia rozvoja slovenskej spoločnosti. First Edition. Bratislava: Ekonomický ústav Slovenskej akadémie vied, 2008. 274 p. [In Slovak: Long-term vision of the development of Slovak society].
2. Gnap, J. & Konecny, V. & Poliak, M. Demand elasticity of public transport. Journal of Economics. 2006. Vol. 54. No. 07. P. 668-684.
3. Skorobogatova, O. & Kuzmina-Merlino, I. Transport infrastructure development performance. In: Proceedings of the 16th International Scientific Conference "Reliability and Statistics in Transportation and Communication October 19-22, 2016". Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Riga, Latvia. 2016. Vol. 178. P. 319-329.
4. Boruch, A. Transport infrastructure development and economic growth of the regions on the example of the Podlaskie voivodship. In: 9 th International Conference on Hradec Economic Days 2011 "Economic Development and Management of Regions Location". University Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic February 01-02. 2011. P. 33-36.
5. Wu, C.F. & Lin, Y.P. & Chiang, L.C. & Huang, T. Assessing highway's impacts on landscape patterns and ecosystem services: a case study in Puli township. Taiwan. Landsc. Urban Plann. 2014. Vol. 68. P. 67-71.
6. Bański, J. & Mazur, M. Classification of rural areas in Poland as an instrument of territorial policy. Land Use Policy. 2016. Vol. 54. P. 1-17.
7. Masarova, J. & Sediva, M. The road infrastructure in Slovak Republic. Perner´s Contacts. 2013. Vol. 31. P. 113-124.
8. Aschauer, D.A. Is public expenditure productive? Journal of Monetary Economics. 1989. Vol. 23. P. 177-200.
9. Fan, S. & Chan-Kang, C. Regional road development, rural and urban poverty: evidence from China. Transport Policy. 2008. Vol. 15. P. 305-314.
10. Kumar, T.R. The impact of regional infrastructure investment in India. Regional Studies. 2008. Vol. 36. P. 194-200.
11. Barro, R.J. Government spending in a simple model of endogenous growth. Journal of Political Economy. Vol. 98. P. S103-S125.
12. Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X. Convergence. Journal of Political Economy. 1992. Vol. 100. P. 223-251.
13. Bleaney, M. & Gemmell, N. & Kneller, R. Testing the endogenous growth model: Public expenditure, taxation, and growth over the long run. Canadian Journal of Economics. 2001. Vol. 34. P. 36-57.
14. Romer, P.M. The origins of endogenous growth. Journal of Economic Perspectives. 1994. Vol. 8. P. 3-22.
15. Akitoby, B. & Clements, B. & Gupta, S. & Inchauste, G. Public spending, voracity, and Wagner's law in developing countries. European Journal of Political Economy. 2006. Vol. 22. P. 908-924.
16. Verma, S. & Arora, R. Does the Indian economy support Wagner’s law? An econometric analysis. Eurasian Journal of Business and Economics. 2010. Vol. 3. P. 77-91.
17. Wagner, R.E. & Weber, W.E. Wagner’s law, fiscal institutions and the growth of government. National Tax Journal. 1977. Vol. 30. P. 59-68.
18. Ministry of Spain. Catalog and evolution of the road network. 2017. Available at: https://www.fomento.gob.es/recursos_mfom/evo_2017.pdf.
19. Gnap, J. & Konecny, V. & Varjan, P. Research od relationship between Freight Transport Performance and GDP in Slovakia and EU Countries. Nase More-Our Sea. 2018. Vol. 65. P. 3239. DOI: 10.17818/NM/2018/1.5.