SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 14, Issue 4, Pages 139-150, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2019.14.4.12
License : (CC BY 4.0)
Received Date : 10-May-2018 / Accepted: 03-October-2019 / Published Online: 08-December-2019
The aim of the paper is to present the author’s attempt to adapt the Servqual Method to study the quality attributes of passenger air services. This market is witnessing a growing dynamic of competition intensity and a distinctive trend consisting of focusing on improving the quality of the most important determinants in basic areas of this business. The method of comprehensive evaluation of this process and its consequences on the Polish market has so far not been scientifically researched. The paper attempts to fill this gap. The proposed solution consists in the introduction of a new, previously unused, research method to the system of analysis, assessment and measurement of the air services quality, which constitutes a specific contribution to the science. Innovation of its application consists in a detailed reformatting of the Servqual Method and adaptation of both tested criteria and research areas to the nomenclature, specific requirements and conditions of this service sector. Using this method, it is possible to conduct a comprehensive range of tests taking into account the correctness, effectiveness of measurement, possibility of specifying the conclusions and recommendations as well as modernity of their implementation. The research questionnaire constructed by the author serves this purpose, in which the most important criteria and research areas of the discussed scope of services have been proposed.
1. Chen, J.C. & Batchuluun, A. & Batnasan, J. Services innovation impact to customer satisfaction and customer value enhancement in airport. Asia University. Taichung, 2015.
2. Camilleri, M. Pricing and Revenue Management. In: Travel marketing, tourism economics and the airline product: an introduction to theory and practice. Edition 1. Chapter 9. Publisher: Springer Nature Switzerland AG Cham 2018. P. 180-191.
3. Goranczewski, B. & Puciato, D. Application of SERVQUAL questionnaire in the measurement of quality of hotel services. Polish Journal of Sport and Tourism. 2011. No. 18. P. 166-171.
4. Güllü, Ö. & Tekindal, M. & Tekindal, M.A. & Yazıcı, A.C. Evaluation of expected and perceived of quality of service with the SERVQUAL scale: The case of a private physical therapy and rehabilitation center. Biomedical Research. 2017. Vol. 28. No. 2. P. 711-715.
5. Hawlena, J. Konkurencja na rynku lotniczych przewozów pasażerskich w warunkach globalizacji. Wydawnictwo Naukowe UE. Katowice, 2012. [In Polish: Competition on the market of passenger air transport in the conditions of globalization. EU Scientific Publisher, Katowice 2012].
6. Hawlena, J. Rynek niskokosztowych przewozów lotniczych a rozwój sektora turystyki. Instytut Naukowo-Wydawniczy „SPATIUM”. Radom, 2012. [In Polish: The market of low-cost air transport and development of the tourism sector. "SPATIUM" Scientific-Publishing Institute. Radom, 2012].
7. International Air Transport Association, Airlines Financial Monitor, April – May 2019, IATA 2019.
8. Keller, K. Understanding and responding to new forms of competition. European Journal of Marketing. 2019. Vol. 53. No. 1. P. 20-24.
9. Lotko, M. & Paździor, M. & Nowak, M. & Wojtowicz, Ł. Pomiar jakości usług. Wybrane zastosowania metody Servqual. Instytut Naukowo-Wydawniczy „SPATIUM”. Radom, 2017. [In Polish: Measuring the quality of services. Selected applications of the Servqual Method. "SPATIUM" Scientific-Publishing Institute. Radom, 2017].
10. Marciszewska, E. & Hoszman, A. Joint ventures on the air transport market – a new dimension of cooperation. Research Journal of the University of Gdańsk. Transport Economics and Logistics. 2018. Vol. 80. P. 149-158.
11. Parasuraman, A. & Zeithaml, V. & Berry, L.L. SERVQUAL: A multiple item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality. Journal of Retailing. 1988. Vol. 64. No. 1. P. 12-40.
12. Parasuraman, A.P. & Berry, L.L. & Zeithaml, V.A. Refinement and reassessment of the SERVQUAL scale. Journal of Retailing. 1991. Vol. 67. No. 4. P. 42-450.
13. Roldugin, V.I. & Kayumov, R. Innovative approach to the analysis of enterprise's competitive capacity. Advances in Economics and Business. 2018. Vol. 6. No. 3. P. 161-167.
14. Saxon, S. Taking on airlines’ toughest challenges. Mc Kinsey & Company. January, 2019.
15. Sładkowski, A. & Cieśla, M. & Krupa, B. Evaluation of transport processes quality with Servqual and TUL methods. Scientific Journal on Transport and Logistics. 2018. Vol. 9. No. 2. P. 61-72.
16. Stverkova, H. Using SERVQUAL: A framework for determining and prioritizing critical factors in delivering quality services for the mobile operator. 2015. Vol. 3. No. 6. P. 225-231.
17. Zeithaml, V.A. Service quality, profitability and the economic worth of customers: What we know and what we need to learn. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 2000. Vol. 28. No. 1. P. 67-85.