SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 14, Issue 4, Pages 77-88, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2019.14.4.7
License : (CC BY 4.0)
Received Date : 22-February-2018 / Accepted: 08-October-2019 / Published Online: 08-December-2019
The article presents results and the way of providing research project on indepth crash study on scene of accidents of 385 Powered Two-Wheelers (motorcyclists, motorists) and 116 bicycles in the European Union in 2014-2017. The main concern of an in-depth crash study at the site of a traffic accident is to collect data on vehicles, roads, and drivers, including interviews with participants. Data descriptive statistics have been used to underline the dominant factors that appear most frequently in accident scenarios with bicycles and PTW, with a special focus on causation by Driving Reliability and Error Analysis Method and injuries coded by the Abbreviated Injury Scale, conducted for these road users across Europe for the first time. Medical data, police records, and jurisdiction files about crashes of PTW and cyclist were collected and analyzed in EU to define the most common accident scenarios and other threats to this group of unprotected road users. The articles present recommendations for making safer driving of motorcyclists and bicyclists.
1. Annual Accident Report 2018. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/sites/roadsafety/files/pdf/statistics/dacota/asr2018.pdf.
2. Motorcycles crashes. Available at: http://www.obserwatoriumbrd.pl/pl/analizy_brd/problemy_brd/motocyklisci/wypadkimotocyklowe/.
3. Mobility and Transport Road Safety. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/specialist/statistics_en#.
4. Road Safety Data, Collection, Transfer and Analysis DaCoTA. Available at: http://www.obserwatoriumbrd.pl/pl/analizy_brd/projekty_i_publikacje/projekty_krajowe_i_miedzy narodowe/dacota.
5. SaferWheels, Study on Powered Two-Wheeler and Bicycle Accidents in the EU, Final Report. Available at: https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/66f0d3fe-c529-11e89424-01aa75ed71a1/language-en/format-PDF/source-.
6. Wallén Warner, H. & Ljung Aust, M. & Sandin, J. & Johansson, E. & Björklund, G. Manual for DREAM 3.0, Driving Reliability and Error Analysis Method. Deliverable D5.6 of the EU FP6 project SafetyNet, TREN-04-FP6TRSI2.395465/506723. 2008.
7. Strobl, C. & Zeileis, A. Danger: High power! Exploring the statistical properties of a test for random forest variable importance. Proceedings of the 18th international conference on computational statistics. Porto, Portugal. 2008.
8. Breiman, L. Random forests. Machine Learning. 2001. Vol. 45. P. 5-32.
9. Buttler I. Unijny program SaferWheels – pierwsze doświadczenia. Kwartalnik BRD. 2015. Vol. 3. P. 19. [In Polish: EU SaferWheels program - first experiences. Quarterly BRD].